We love sweet potatoes, but what we love more are fresh renditions of classic recipes featuring this healthy root!
Hence, we’ve upgraded the sweet-potato fry. Our crispy baked sweet potato fries with creamy asiago cheese and a simple basil pesto make for a snack of epic proportions!
– Sweet potatoes (Sliced into even sized wedges. Amount depends on serving needs.)
– Shredded Asiago and / or Toscano Cheese
Basil Pesto Ingredients:
– 1 Large Bunch Basil
– 2 Cloves Garlic
– 1/4 Cup Big Horn UP Extra Virgin Olive Oil
– 1/4 Tsp Each: Dried Rosemary, Dried Parsley, Dried Thyme, Dried Oregano
– Salt and Pepper (To taste)
Step 1: Place all pesto ingredients into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Taste and adjust seasonings per preference.
Step 2: Place sliced sweet potatoes in a bowl with cold water for 10-15 mins (helps make fries extra crispy).
Step 3: Drain water and pay dry.
Step 4: Toss with preferred oil, salt, and pepper and roast at 400 for 20-25 mins or until golden and crisp.
Step 5: As soon as fries come out of the oven, shred a light layer of cheese over top. Top fries with pesto and enjoy!