This fall-themed salad serves up a delectable balance of nutty butternut complimented by notes of bright autumn-citrus flavors… yum!
This salad not only speaks “fall”, but it’s chock-full of wonderful, wholesome ingredients. To name a few along with their benefits:
- Big Horn Blood Orange Olive Oil – Our Blood Orange flavor is not only so, so tasty, but it’s the good-for-you stuff. Healthy fats & antioxidants abound!
- Big Horn Maple Balsamic Vinegar – Yes, this rare balsamic tastes amazing, but it also sports legit probiotic & regulatory benefits!
- Butternut Squash – It’s rich in nutrients such as Vitamins A & C, potassium, and antioxidants.
- Baby Arugula – Do your organs a solid by eating arugula! This vaguely spicy veggie boasts magnesium, folate, Vitamin C, and beta-carotene – all of which help you be your best self.
– 1 Cup Butternut Squash (diced and roasted)
– 1 Tbs. Big Horn Extra Virgin Olive Oil + a Pinch of Salt
– 1/3 Cup Dried Cranberries
– 1/3 Cup Roasted Pepitas
– 2 Cups Baby Arugula (roughly chopped)
– 4 Oz. Crumbled Feta Cheese
Step 1: Pre heat oven to 425 degrees F.
Step 2: Mix squash with olive oil and sprinkle with salt to taste.
Step 3: Bake for 15 minutes, turn and bake another 15-20 minutes until golden brown and tender.
Step 4: Cool.
Step 5: Combine dressing ingredients, and set aside.
Step 6: In a bowl add the cranberries, pepitas, cooled butternut squash.
Step 7: Pour the dressing and toss together.
Step 8: Add in the chopped greens.
Step 9: Plate salad and top with feta cheese.