These baked, crispy, goat-cheese croquettes paired with our Big Horn Cinnamon Pear Balsamic Vinegar create a sweet & savory bite that’ll leave you in a moment of true bliss. 😌
These sumptuous little nuggets of heaven are the healthiest version of themselves, too!
Most croquettes are deep-fat fried, but we’re not about that denatured, high trans-fat lifestyle here. Our croquettes are rolled in a crunchy, nut-based coating before crisping up to perfection in the oven (a far healthier heating option)!
So, no need to feel guilty about indulging here. Baked instead of fried? Check. High-quality, easily digestible protein from goat’s cheese? Check. A balsamic drizzle that provides probiotic benefits and helps to regulate blood sugar? Check!
Let’s get started, eh? (Trust us, these are dead-simple to make!)
(Amounts of all ingredients vary depending on how many people you’ll be serving. “Eye-balling” ingredients is okay as long as you keep in mind each croquette should be about 0.5 – 1.0 inch in diameter.)
– Package(s) of Goat Cheese (Plain)
– Crushed / Finely Chopped Combination of: Almonds, Walnuts, Pecans, and / or Pistachios (The ratios are up to you, but an example might be: “1/2 cup of almonds + 1/2 cup of pecans”.)
– Salt / Pepper (Mix into the nut coating to enhance flavors.)
– Cayenne Pepper (Optional! Mix into the nut coating as desired.)
– Smoked Paprika (Optional! Mix into the nut coating as desired.)
Step 1: Finely chop / grind / food process nut mixture. This nut mixture should have the consistency of a ground meal (e.g. cornmeal).
- Step 1a: Add spices as desired, and mix.
Step 2: Roll goat cheese into 1/2-1” rounds. (See picture for example.)
Step 3: Firmly press & roll goat cheese croquettes into the nut mixture so each is thoroughly coated.
Step 4: Place on a sheet pan and roast at 475 for 8-10 minutes until crispy.
Step 5: Remove from oven and drizzle with Big Horn’s Cinnamon Pear Dark Balsamic Vinegar.