Vibrantly colorful, memorably delicious, and simple to make, these Mini Greek Bell Pepper Boats are sure to be a hit! Not to mention, this tasty option for a side dish, snack, or appetizer comes with some serious nutrition. One would be hard pressed to find a better way to make ‘healthy & delicious’ this easy!
Bell Pepper Boats
- 12 Mini Bell Peppers
- 4 Persian Cucumbers (diced)
- ½ Red Onion (diced)
- ½ Cup Crumbled Feta
- ¼ Cup Sliced Kalamata Olives (diced)
- ¾ Cup Prepared Hummus
- 2 Tbsp Big Horn UP Extra Virgin, Milanese Gremolata, Garlic, or Basil Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Big Horn Sicilian Lemon Balsamic Vinegar
- ⅛ Tsp Each: Dried Garlic Powder, Basil, and Oregano
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
Step 1: Whisk together vinaigrette ingredients in a small bowl.
Step 2: In another bowl, combine diced cucumbers, onion, and feta.
Step 3: Combine veggie mixture with vinaigrette and toss well; set aside.
Step 4: Slice one side off of bell peppers and remove seeds to create your “boat”.
Step 5: Fill peppers with a spread of your favorite hummus followed by a generous scoop of the veggie mixture.
Recipe & 📸: @compstonkitchen