The weather is cooling down and we’re serving up this Roasted Squash Soup. It’s simple, delicious, and ridiculously easy to throw together.
The slightly nutty, subtly sweet, pleasantly earthy butternut squash naturally befriends your choice of Extra Virgin Olive Oils, since this recipe calls for one of two Big Horn EVOO offerings:
- Wild Mushroom & Sage EVOO – Did anyone say “perfect balance of herbaceous and creamily rich”? If so, this EVOO has you covered!
- Ultra Premium EVOO – The three “UP” options are the crème de la crème of the crème de la crème when it comes to EVOOs! Depending on your tastes, choose from the light, medium, or robust option.
– 1 Large Butternut Squash OR Pre-Diced Cubes (approx. 24-32 oz diced)
– 1 Medium Yellow Onion (sliced into 1/4 inch pieces)
– 5-6 Garlic Cloves (peeled)
– 3/4-1 Cup Milk of Choice OR Broth
– 2 Tbsp Wild Mushroom & Sage EVOO or Ultra Premium EVOO
– 1/4 Tsp Each: Salt, Pepper
– Optional: Ground Thyme (to taste)
Step 1: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Step 2: Dice and season squash with oil, salt, and pepper.
Step 3: Create a foil pouch and place garlic and onions inside; season same as squash and then close top of pouch.
Step 4: Toss all items onto 1-2 sheet pans.
Step 5: Roast, tossing once, for 40-50 mins, or until squash, garlic, and onions are golden and tender.
Step 6: Transfer roasted veggies to a blender or food processor along with milk or broth and blend until smooth and creamy.